After 42 years in the classroom, from counting to calculus, I have retired from teaching in order to concentrate on writing, curriculum development, and consulting.
- Professional development workshops
- Math program review
- Teacher and department chair coaching
- I can offer professional development workshops for math teachers (half a day to a whole week) on a wide range of middle school and high school topics. For example:
- ◊ Visual Algebra, including the Lab Gear
- ◊ Hands-On Geometry
- ◊ Transformational Geometry
- ◊ No Limits! (Algebra 2, Trig, Precalculus)
- ◊ Tool-rich pedagogy (manipulatives, technology)
- For many more possibilities, see:
- My presentations and workshops
- My résumé
- I can help schools review their math program.
- ◊ Department self-assessment and values clarification
- ◊ Strategies to reach the full range of students
- ◊ Teaching math in the long period
- ◊ Moving towards a student-centered classroom
- ◊ Teacher collaboration and department-building
- Of course, I can only do this based on my own experience and beliefs.
- For more information about my views, see:
- About Teaching
- My Math Education Blog
I can help teachers improve their practice, and department chairs develop their leadership, through on-site visits and remote support.