This figure is an F pentomino, scaled up by a factor of 2.
The following puzzles are a challenge to the whole class.
- It is difficult, but possible to cover the figure with pentominoes. Try to do it.
- How many pentominoes did it take to cover it?
- By doubling the dimensions of the other pentominoes, you can create doubled pentomino puzzles. Altogether, ten of the twelve doubled pentomino puzzles can be solved with pentominoes from one set.
- All tripled pentomino puzzles can be solved with pentominoes from one set. (In fact all can be solved without using the pentomino that is being tripled.)
- How many pentominoes does it take to cover a tripled pentomino puzzle?